1/4 Photos of Purple Passion Soup! Cauliflower and Potato Soup
1 hr 20 mins
Made with purple potatoes, purple cauliflower, red onion, red beets and lots of garlic. No food coloring needed because the beets will add vibrant color to the soup making it wonderful for Valentines day. Heart warming and Heart healthy. A really good for you soup! I used Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme a new pourable product that comes in a 10 ounce tub. It is already seasoned. There are four to pick from so go with what your family enjoys. The dark pigments responsible for the purplish tones are called anthocyanins, a type of phytonutrient, or plant compound, hailed for its potential disease-fighting benefits from heart disease to cancer. Some evidence indicates these purple pigments might protect our brains as we age. Containing lutein, zeaxanthin, resveratrol, vitamin C, fiber, flavonoids, ellagic acid, quercetin. Then red beets are good source of phytonutrients called betalains. Providing antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification support. An excellent source of hearth-healthy folate and a very good source of the antioxidant manganese and heart-healthy potassium. Have digestive-supportive dietary fiber, free radical scavenging vitamin C and copper, bone-healthy magnesium, and energy-producing iron and phosphorus. Purple carrots, purple cabbage would be a wonderful addition to this. Making it that much more healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 12 garlic cloves (I used a mix of fresh and roasted)
- 1 lb purple potatoes, scrubbed and rough chopped
- 1 head purple cauliflower, rough chopped saving a couple floweretes for garnish
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns, smashed
- dried red pepper flakes, generous pinch
- fresh cracked pepper
- 20 ounces cream cheese with garlic and herbs (Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme Italian cheese and herbs)
- 14 1/2 ounces red beets (for vibrant color and nutrients)
- 1In a large pot over medium high heat add oil when hot saute the onions and garlic for 3-5 minutes till translucent.
- 2Toss in the potatoes, and cauliflower. Be sure to reserve some cauliflower for garnish. Pour the stock in bring to a boil reduce flame to a simmer. Season with peppercorns, salt, pepper flakes.
- 3Cook soup till vegetables are tender minute 30 minutes.
- 4Puree in a blender or with an immersion blender till smooth and creamy.
- 5Simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6Stir in the creme and simmer meanwhile steam the garnish till tender.
- 7Puree the beets and juice from can in a blender and stir into the soup cook a couple minutes to desired consistency.
- 8Pour into bowls and garnish with flowerets.
- 9You can also top with shredded cheese or swirl some of the creme cheese for a nice presentation.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Purple Passion Soup! Cauliflower and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.3
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with garlic and herbs