Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great pick-me-up after school snack/drink for kids. My 16 YO daughter is a smoothie freak and she loves this one. Adapted from a recipe from Allrecipes.com
- 2 frozen bananas, skins removed and cut in chunks
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place bananas, blueberries and juice in a blender and puree.
- Add honey and/or vanilla to taste.
- Add more or less orange juice depending on the thickness you want for your smoothie.
Just made this, but didn't have time to freeze the banana. I think next time I'll also lessen or omit the honey. thank you!
I really enjoyed this one, but I think this smoothie needed more blueberries and less banana. I didn't add honey. It was already pretty sweet.
Absolutely loved this drink!! Really enjoyed it while floating around the pool! :)