Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is a fusion between a Thai marinade and Caribbean style salsa. I am allergic to onions so there are none in this recipe, but some can be added to taste I would suggest either green onions or some sort of sweet onion. This recipe uses some unique tomatoes and bell peppers but just about any tomatoes and bell peppers can be used. Sweet bell peppers and sweet tomatoes seem to have the best flavor combination. I also use half a Pablano pepper but hotter pepper can be substituted to kick up the spice. Regular lime juice can also be substituted for the Key Lime juice but it will lack a bit of the flavor intensity. I like very chunky salsas, but this could be made finer.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cherokee purple tomatoes
- 1 sweet purple bell pepper
- 1⁄2 poblano pepper
- 3 ounces key lime juice
- 2 ounces thai thin soy sauce (also sometimes called Thai White Soy sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- Mix the Key Lime Juice and the Thin Soy Sauce.
- Press the garlic with a garlic press and add to the liquid.
- Coarsely dice the the peppers and tomatoes and add to the liquid.
- Finely chop the cilantro and add to the mix. (I use a pair of kitchen scissors to chop the cilantro).
- To get the best flavor cover, chill, and let stand overnight. (The peppers and tomatoes flavors will infuse into the liquid).