1/1 Photo of Purple Cauliflower Soup With Walnut Oil
Chef Kate's Note:
Here's another recipe for colored cauliflower. But if what you have is white cauliflower and white potatoes, they will work just fine and the soup will be delicious--just not purple. If you're counting calories, you can use skim or low fat milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 3 medium purple potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 1/2 cups purple cauliflower florets, from 2 small heads purple cauliflower
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- walnut oil (to garnish)
- 1In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat, add leeks and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add cauliflower, potatoes, milk and salt and bring to a simmer.
- 3Cover and simmer on low heat until vegetables are soft, about 25 minutes. Do not boil.
- 4Remove the vegetables from the heat, let cool slightly and purée them in a blender, with an immersion blender or in a food mill. (If using an immersion blender, cover with a towel to avoid splattering.).
- 5If serving warm, reheat gently and serve with a drizzle of walnut oil.
- 6If serving cold, chill in the refrigerator before serving (also with walnut oil).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Purple Cauliflower Soup With Walnut Oil
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 366.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: