Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A cauliflower-based dip for crudites. Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks, red capsicum sticks, broccoli florets, purple cauliflower florets, mushroom quarters, spring onion sticks, and/or any other firm vegetables that strike your fancy. This should work with white cauliflower if purple is unavailable (shh, don't tell the recipe source!). Adapted from: http://www.purplecauliflower.com.au. The original recipe did not call for oil, but rather suggested dry-sauteing.
- 1⁄2 lb purple cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and diced small
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Place a medium skillet over medium high heat. When skillet is hot, add the oil.
- Saute the purple cauliflower, garlic, rosemary and cumin until cauliflower begins to change colour. Stir frequently, to prevent sticking or burning.
- Once the change in colour is achieved, add 50 mls (just under 1/4 c) of water. Cook further until cauliflower is cooked through and mixture is again dry. If mixture is too thick and gluggy, add 10 - 15 ml (2 - 3 tsp) of cream or milk to correct consistency.
- Place cauliflower mixture into a food processor with the cream cheese and blend well. Add lemon juice while mixture is being blended.