Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not made this as yet. But was looking for recipes to serve next weekend when we are having guests who tend to like veggies. So wanted to do some experimentation. This recipe also looked like a way to use our plentiful apple crop! Cook time is minimum refrigeration time.
- 1⁄4 head red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced white onion
- 1 fuji apple, peeled, cored, and finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a large serving bowl toss together the cabbage, onion and apples.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing.
- Pour over the veggie mixture, and stir to coat.
- Serve chilled on a leaf of green cabbage as garnish.
I used red cabbage and green onions and found the mixture very attractive. I normally would prefer this type of dressing a bit sweeter and a bit thinner but that is easily remedied. Thanks, Christine.
I have made this recipe many times. It is a very pretty and delicious Cole slaw. I doubled this recipe, except I used 3 apples instead of 2 since they were on the small side. Also,instead of shredding the cabbage, I chopped it in the food processor for a different texture. This particular Cole slaw goes excellent with BBQ pork, or any pork dish. Thanks for posting this recipe! :)