Purim is coming up, a time to exchange yummy gifts of food. This one is always a favorite with our family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces chocolate (can use chocolate chips)
- 1In a heavy sauce pan, boil almond slivers, sugar and water over low to medium heat until all the water is gone and the sugar crystallizes on the nuts.
- 2Pour almond slivers out onto a well-greased baking sheet.
- 3Separate clumps with a greased fork.
- 4Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven about 15 minutes.
- 5Be careful not to burn.
- 6Melt chocolate over low heat with constant stirring.
- 7When candied almonds have cooled, dip into melted chocolate.
- 8Place on foil to set.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Purim Chocolate-Covered Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (835 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1863.4
- Calories from Fat 1293
- Total Fat 143.6 g
- Saturated Fat 59.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 172.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 40.9 g
- Sugars 106.6 g
- Protein 44.9 g