Recipe by JackieOhNo!
I have a friend who is always begging me to make him a rhubarb pie. He doesn't want any other fruits mixed in (I love to make strawberry-rhubarb pies and jam) and he doesn't want any custard - just purely rhubarb. So here is my recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups fresh rhubarb, sliced
- 2 pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with a pie crust; trim to fit plate.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, and cinnmon; stir in rhubarb.
- Transfer rhubarb filling to pie crust. Place top pie crust on filling and seal. Cut slits in crust top. Crimp edge of pie crust and brush with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until filling is bubbling and pastry is golden. (If edges get too dark during baking, cover them with foil.) Cool on a wire rack.