Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simply roasted, mashed and stirred...how much easier can it get? This is a great side dish to anything. I served it with roasted Cornish game hens and sauteed green beans and spinach with garlic. Depending on the size of your squashes you may need to adjust the amount of orange juice. I used a small butternut because they taste better than the large ones. *Also, a little Bourbon and brown sugar would taste really nice in this!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the squashes in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Place the squashes cut side down onto the foil and bake until soft, about 45-60 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle (I use hot mitts so they don't get too cooled off), scoop out the soft flesh into a bowl.
- Stir in the butter and mash.
- Then stir in the orange juice, a little at a time, until you reach the consistency of creamy mashed potatoes.
- Add more butter if you want.