Elegant and delicious side dish for your holiday celebration! This is a beautiful way of presenting mashed sweet potatoes. They look like delicate orange roses! Please adjust quantize to suit your needs, these are meant to be VERY PETITE! COOKS NOTE: You will need a miniature muffin pan. Also, these can be made a day ahead, covered, and stored at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375° degrees F.
- 2Place one three-inch won ton wrapper, sprayed with olive oil, in a sprayed miniature muffin tin; gently fit it in using a clean wine cork or similar.
- 3Take a second sprayed won ton wrapper and place it over the first one but turn it slightly (a quarter turn) so that you have eight (8) points sticking up from each muffin cup.
- 4Bake for 7 minutes.
- 5Peel sweet potato, cut into chunks, and boil in salted water until very tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- 6Drain and mash with a small amount of sour cream or whipping cream.
- 7Season with salt and white pepper.
- 8Put potato mixture into piping bag, or zip- lock bag with the corner cut off. Gently pipe/squeeze small amount into each (6 total) wonton baskets.
- 9Garnish with fresh thyme leaves and place one on each individual plate and serve.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pureed Sweet Potatoes in a Won Ton Basket
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.4
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.2 mg
- Sodium 165.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g