Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Elegant and delicious side dish for your holiday celebration! This is a beautiful way of presenting mashed sweet potatoes. They look like delicate orange roses! Please adjust quantize to suit your needs, these are meant to be VERY PETITE! COOKS NOTE: You will need a miniature muffin pan. Also, these can be made a day ahead, covered, and stored at room temperature.
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- fresh thyme leave (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees F.
- Place one three-inch won ton wrapper, sprayed with olive oil, in a sprayed miniature muffin tin; gently fit it in using a clean wine cork or similar.
- Take a second sprayed won ton wrapper and place it over the first one but turn it slightly (a quarter turn) so that you have eight (8) points sticking up from each muffin cup.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Peel sweet potato, cut into chunks, and boil in salted water until very tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Drain and mash with a small amount of sour cream or whipping cream.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Put potato mixture into piping bag, or zip- lock bag with the corner cut off. Gently pipe/squeeze small amount into each (6 total) wonton baskets.
- Garnish with fresh thyme leaves and place one on each individual plate and serve.