This process is so very easy. No peeling! Take a look! Squash is great for pureeing, roasting and baking. Once cooked and pureed, it can be used in soups, main dishes, vegetable side dishes, even breads, muffins, custards and pies. The skin has many nutrients so go ahead and use it. Or peel and discard. But you will never know it's in the puree. Dress any cooked winter squash with butter and herbs, a cream sauce, cheese sauce, maple syrup, candied ginger, spices and or nuts.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place squash on cookie sheet pan and bake for 60 minutes till tender and caramelized.
- Remove from oven and let cool to handle.
- Slice in 1/2 and remove seeds. (Discard seeds or rinse, towel dry and make my Recipe #102043 or #50958 it does work!).
- Puree in a Vita mix blender optional skin and flesh with a pinch of salt till smooth.
- Cool and place 2 cups in freezer ziplock bags. Freeze till ready to use in your favorite pie, soup, bread or sauce!