Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so convenient to have on hand when you don't want to cook much. Just pull from freezer and doctor it up, however you like.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 18 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley or 1 cup fresh basil or 1 cup fresh tarragon
- Saute veggies, add water and cook until tender. Add herbs.
- Puree and pack into freezer containers.
- To Make Soup: Combine 1 1/2 cups milk with each pint of puree. Add 1 cup veggie or chicken broth. Add S&P.
- Add any leftover chicken or prawns (optional).