Use the freshest parnsips you can find and you won't be disappointed! I originally got this recipe from a magazine article about holiday family favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the parsnips to a boil over high heat in a large pot; then reduce the heat and cook for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- 2Drain the water.
- 3Add broth, cream, butter, and horseradish. Using a hand-blender, puree the mixture in the pot.
- 4Transfer the pureed mash into an ovenproof serving dish or pan, such as a 7" x 7" square glass pan.
- 5In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper together.
- 6Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the top of the puree.
- 7Bake in 350- to 375-degree F oven until breadcrumbs are golden, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pureed Parsnips With Horseradish
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.8
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 328.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g