Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Use the freshest parnsips you can find and you won't be disappointed! I originally got this recipe from a magazine article about holiday family favorites.
- Bring the parsnips to a boil over high heat in a large pot; then reduce the heat and cook for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the water.
- Add broth, cream, butter, and horseradish. Using a hand-blender, puree the mixture in the pot.
- Transfer the pureed mash into an ovenproof serving dish or pan, such as a 7" x 7" square glass pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper together.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the top of the puree.
- Bake in 350- to 375-degree F oven until breadcrumbs are golden, about 20 minutes.