This is a beautiful soup that I make for special occassions. It makes the house smell wonderful while it's cooking, too. This is meant to be served as an appetizer, so serve it in small cups. NOT in large bowls, or it will be too much of a good thing. Can be served hot or cold, but I prefer it hot. From Nov 2005 VT
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cranberries, rinsed and stemmed (fresh or frozen)
- 5 cups cherry juice (or cran-cherry juice)
- 1 cup granulated sugar or 1 cup sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (mixed with 2 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat sour cream (optional)
- 10 small mint sprigs (optional)
- 1In 3 quart saucepan, add cranberries, juice, sugar, cloves, cinnamon, pepper, and almond extract.
- 2Bring to boil over medium heat. Cover pot and reduce heat to low. Cook 15 minutes.
- 3Puree the soup in a blender. (I just use my hand blender right in the pot).
- 4Strain soup, and pour it back into the saucepan.
- 5Bring to boil over medium heat.
- 6Add the cornstarch/water mixture and stir well, until the soup thickens.
- 7Add dried cranberries and cook 5 more minutes.
- 8Serve with dollop of sour cream and mint sprig for garnish, if desired.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pureed Cranberry Soup
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: