Recipe by zeldaz51
A mashed potato substitute that's high in fiber, flavor, and a low G.I. Add garlic if you like. From "Diabetic Cooking for Everyone", b Carol Gelles. Exchanges: 3/4 bread, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup cooked white beans, drained
- chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1 1/2 quart saucepan over medium heat, cooke the caukidflower and beans, uncovered, in salted boiling water until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Return the mixture to the pot and mash to desired consistency. If too thick, ass broth a tablespoons at a time until it reaches the consistency you want. You could also puree the veggies sin a food processor for a smooth puree.
- Add scallions, butter, and season to taste.