1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a combination of a variety of soup recipes I found online that all used celery root--my new favorite vegetable. Perfect for a winter day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a soup pot, add diced onion to butter and olive oil. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 2Add minced garlic cloves and heat an additional minute.
- 3Add the root vegetables, peeled and cubed, to the soup pot. Cover and heat on medium for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Heat stock and water to boiling. Add to soup pot with the bay leaf, black pepper, and salt.
- 5Cover pot and simmer on medium low for 1.5 hours (or until a fork easily pierces the vegetables).
- 6Remove bay leaf. Using a blender or immersion hand blender, puree soup mix.
- 7Alternative: My son prefers this soup in an non-pureed form. In that version, I cube the vegetables much smaller (about 1/2" cubes vs. the roughly 1 1/2" cubes I use for the pureed version). I reduce the cooking time to about 45 minutes, and add cooked egg noodles at the end for a brothy noodle soup. I also sometimes add small meatballs made out of ground turkey.
- 8For Vegetarian or Vegan use Vegetable broth.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pureed Cauliflower and Root Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.9
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.6 mg
- Sodium 652.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: