Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe that I had in one of my recipe boxes that I think my mom gave to me many years ago. I'm posting this so I have it handy to try.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 -2 cup leek, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups coarsely chopped carrots
- 1 large potato, coarsely chopped
- 4 -6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crouton, optionnal
- In a large soup kettle heat oil. Saute leeks and garlic until softened but not brown.
- Add carots, potato and enough liquid to barely cover. Simmer about 30 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Puree soup in a blender (or use an immersion blender) and return to pot. Add remaining liquid to your desired thickness. Mix well and heat through.
- Serve hot with croutons.
Mama smurf, if you haven't tried this yet, you must real soon. This is absolutely delicious and I will make this a lot. The only deliberate change I made to it was to use a "sweet potato" versus a "potato". Thank you so much! Made for Aussie-Kiwi Recipe Swap #82.