Recipe by Moody
Anyone who's read the other recipes I've posted knows I'm a big fan of "Quick & Easy". This recipe is no different. Its from Diana Shaw's book, The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook.
Top Review by Bergy
Very tasty soup - I used Basil instead of mint. I used asparagus stalkes ( bottom part that I had in the freezer) - Not the whole bottom part but about 2" below where the asparagus snaps.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, trimmed,pared and cut into thirds
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, preferably yukon gold,peeled and sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- minced fresh chives (to garnish)
- minced scallion top, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan combine the asparagus, shallot, potatoes, vegetable broth, mint and lemon zest.
- Bring them to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the potatoes are tender enough to puree, about 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender, or in a food processor.
- If using a food processor, transfer the soup back to the saucepan.
- Heat the soup to warm it through.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish each serving with a sprinkle of chives and scallion greens.