1/2 Photos of Pureed Asparagus Soup
Anyone who's read the other recipes I've posted knows I'm a big fan of "Quick & Easy". This recipe is no different. Its from Diana Shaw's book, The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs asparagus, trimmed,pared and cut into thirds
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, preferably yukon gold,peeled and sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- minced fresh chives (to garnish)
- minced scallion top, for garnish
- 1In a large saucepan combine the asparagus, shallot, potatoes, vegetable broth, mint and lemon zest.
- 2Bring them to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 3Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the potatoes are tender enough to puree, about 20 minutes.
- 4Puree the soup with an immersion blender, or in a food processor.
- 5If using a food processor, transfer the soup back to the saucepan.
- 6Heat the soup to warm it through.
- 7Season with salt and pepper and garnish each serving with a sprinkle of chives and scallion greens.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pureed Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.4
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: