- 1 (2 lb) acorn squash, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully cut the acorn squash in half lengthwise, and scrape out seeds.
- Place cut side down in a microwave-safe 10 inch glass pie plate, and add the water.
- Cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap and vent one side.
- Microwave on high power for 12 minutes, turning the dish a quarter turn twice, until the squash is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Let stand, covered for 5 minutes.
- Protecting your hand with a double thickness of paper toweling, spoon out the softened squash flesh and transfer to a food processor.
- Add the buttrer and maple syrup and process until the mixture is pureed.
- Season to taste with salt, and pepper, and serve immediately.