1/1 Photo of Puree of Butternut Squash Soup
This velvety soup is even more enticing with its contrasting garnish. You can simply chops the pumpkin seeds for some added texure of heat them to release their flavor and aroma. Remember, when using a countertop blender to puree, whir hot vegetables in batches, filling the jar only halfway (unless you want to spend the night cleaning the ceiling). From Real Simple Magazine February 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the leeks, squash, bay leaf, salt, and broth in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently until the squash is tender, about 12 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- 2Puree the soup in batches and rewarm over medium-low heat.
- 3Meanwhile, place the pumpkin seeds and rosemary on a cutting board and roughly chop.
- 4heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the seeds and rosemary and heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle with the seeds and rosemary.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puree of Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (2988 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.2
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 574.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g