Recipe by Sharon123
I saw Adam Gertler gush over this on The Best Thing I Ever Ate show on the food channel. It's from Euro Pane restaurant in Pasadena, California. Here's the recipe based on the cook's description.
Top Review by I'mPat
The addition of the tomato pesto in this egg salad makes it deliciously different. I used one tablespoon of tomato pesto to 2 tablespoon of egg mayonnaise but only mixed up half of that into the 5 mashed eggs and this was put on top of fresh crisp baby iceberg lettuce fresh from the garden over 3 large wholemeal/wholegrain rolls and was thoroughly enjoyed for lunch on our day out today with the 4x4 club on the car rally. Sorry forgot to use the chives and lemon juice. Thank you Sharon123, made for Please Review My Recipe.
- 5 eggs
- 14.79 ml sun-dried tomato pesto
- 59.14 ml baby greens
- chives, chopped
- lemon juice
- 4 slice whole wheat toast (or whole grain-at the restaurant they use rosemary currant bread)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the eggs 7 minutes at a medium boil, the yolk will still be soft and creamy.
- Stir tomato pesto gently into the mayonnaise. Mix mayonnaise mixture into eggs gently, just enough to hold it together(or to taste). Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut 4 slices of bread and toast till crisp. Place some baby greens on top of the toast.
- Place egg salad on top of greens(about 1/4 cup or however much you want), sprinkle with chives and squeeze a little lemon juice over the top.
- Serve with watermelon slices.
- Adam says this is pure ecstacy!