I saw Adam Gertler gush over this on The Best Thing I Ever Ate show on the food channel. It's from Euro Pane restaurant in Pasadena, California. Here's the recipe based on the cook's description.
- Cook the eggs 7 minutes at a medium boil, the yolk will still be soft and creamy.
- Stir tomato pesto gently into the mayonnaise. Mix mayonnaise mixture into eggs gently, just enough to hold it together(or to taste). Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut 4 slices of bread and toast till crisp. Place some baby greens on top of the toast.
- Place egg salad on top of greens(about 1/4 cup or however much you want), sprinkle with chives and squeeze a little lemon juice over the top.
- Serve with watermelon slices.
- Adam says this is pure ecstacy!