Prep 6 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love rice! It was raining, a perfect day to eat rice. My eye spied a envelope of McCormick Vegetable Dip Mix and with other ingredients this recipe was created. Can be made ahead and reheated.No muss, no fuss! The ingredient reader will not let me put 1 envelope McCormick .46 oz vegetable dip mix. Add It is not in the list of ingredients.
- 2 cups raw white rice
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kikkomen soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sysco chicken base
- 1⁄2 ounce vegetable dip mix, mccormick
- chicken bouillon granule, can be used also
- 3 green onions, sliced including tops (optional)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- In two quart pot or microwave rice cooker, put rice and water, ginger soy sauce, chicken base,green onions and vegetable dip mix. Stir, make sure if you use chicken boullion cubes or chicken granules, that it is dissolved in the water.
- Bring up to boil, cover, cook until done, low heat until water is absorbed.About 20 minutes. Open, stir, add 1 tblsp margarine or butter.
- Put in a serving dish with 1 tblsp margarine or butter. Refrigerate and reheat or serve.