Recipe by Diana #2
Is the weather outside 'frightful' or just plain yucky? Feeling kinda wrung out? Then curl up in that big comfy chair and sip on a mug of this. You'll soon know why I call it "Pure Comfort". It's not just for winter anymore. Enjoy! Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by Baby Kato
It has been cold, wet and raining here. This hot buttered rum was indeed pure comfort. I enjoyed this hot drink very much. It was smooth, strong, sweet and creamy. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in cream and icing sugar until smooth.
- Stir in spices.
- Chill for 30 minutes to firm up. Scoop out 2 tablespoons worth and roll into balls. Place in freezer to firm up before placing in a freezer container.
- To serve:
- Place rum, boiling water and a buttered rum ball in a mug. Stir and enjoy!