Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Is the weather outside 'frightful' or just plain yucky? Feeling kinda wrung out? Then curl up in that big comfy chair and sip on a mug of this. You'll soon know why I call it "Pure Comfort". It's not just for winter anymore. Enjoy! Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- boiling water
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in cream and icing sugar until smooth.
- Stir in spices.
- Chill for 30 minutes to firm up. Scoop out 2 tablespoons worth and roll into balls. Place in freezer to firm up before placing in a freezer container.
- To serve:
- Place rum, boiling water and a buttered rum ball in a mug. Stir and enjoy!
It has been cold, wet and raining here. This hot buttered rum was indeed pure comfort. I enjoyed this hot drink very much. It was smooth, strong, sweet and creamy. Thanks for sharing.