Recipe by KnightsJo
Dog treats - I found this recipe on Bullwrinkle.com and thought I'd share it!! I'm going to try it out later!
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water)
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast (dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons low-fat soy flour
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon dried liver, powder
- 1 tablespoon bone meal flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (beaten (1/2 in recipe, 1/2 in glaze)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
Directions See How It's Made
- Note:You may omit liver powder and bone meal flour if you have difficulty locating them.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add half of the beaten egg, oil and yeast-water mixture. Mix well.
- Knead on a well floured board until dough is firm. Place in oiled bowl, cover and let rise until double in bulk.
- Shape into pretzels and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes. Remove and brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with wheat germ. Return to oven and bake at 300 degrees for about 15 minutes until nicely browned and quite firm.