Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
My doggies love these! They are easy and fun to make. You can substitute cheddar cheese for peanut butter if your dog prefers.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl combine oats, margarine, and boiling water. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- To oat mixture, stir in corn meal, sugar, peanut butter, milk, and egg.
- Mix in wheat flour one cup at a time until stiff dough has formed.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, mixing in additional flour as needed to form a smooth dough that is no longer sticky.
- Roll or pat out dough to a 1/2" thickness.
- With knife or cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes and place 1" apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool before serving.
- Place in a loosely covered container.
- Prepare to receive doggie love!
I have no idea how to rate this, but the dog seemed to like them.
Sassy and I give this a 5 paws way up rating! I've used both peanut butter and cheese. She's one finicky Chow, but she loves these. I got some carob and melted it with a little honey and drizzled on top. Sass will be making these for all her friends for Christmas.Can't thank you enough Jennifer!!!