Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very popular with kids, teens and adults alike. I like how I only have to buy one box of cereal for this recipe compared to the 2 types some call for.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 (12 ounce) box Crispix cereal or 1 (12 ounce) boxsimilar cereal
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- Melt chocolate chips, butter & peanut butter over medium heat. Stir to blend.
- Pour over Crispix in large bowl.
- Pour confectioners sugar in paper grocery bag.
- Add Crispix and shake vigorously until it breaks apart. Serve in new doggie dish.
Great recipe. Easy to make. Used recipe for a tailgate party and had enough to bring to work. There will be no left overs for this recipe!!
I only let myself make this once a year because I will eat it all. I melt the stuff in the microwave in a big plastic bowl and then mix in the cereal and then dump the powdered sugar on top. I then seal the lid really good and shake and roll the bowl around. It works really well to mix in the powdered sugar. This is awesome addicting stuff but a little messy. Enjoy! Merry Christmas.
This recipe uses double the coating ingredients of most of the other recipes online, and just slightly more cereal. A 12.8 oz. box of rice chex has 13 cups. Recipes with 1/2c peanut butter and 1 c chocolate chips call for 9-10 cups of cereal. I didn't measure the cereal before making the recipe, assuming it would be doubled too, 18-20 cups, and I ended up with not enough puppy chow. I thought the coating was very thick. Next time I'll use more cereal.