Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a classic chocolate version of Chex mix. It keeps for a good amount of time, and my sister sends it to her bf in Iraq who's unit requests it religiously! It travels really well in gallon sized freezer bags and arrives in-tact. Awesome party snack too and super easy to make.
- 1 (20 ounce) box Corn Chex (or any off brand, and in Corn or Rice flavor) or 1 (20 ounce) box Rice Chex (or any off brand, and in Corn or Rice flavor)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup peanut butter (depending on taste)
- powdered sugar
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a pan. Watch close, this usually doesn't take more than 5 minutes.
- Put Chex in a very large bowl for one batch or a large bowl for multiple batches, depending on the situation of your dishes. Pour chocolate/peanut butter mix over Chex and stir to coat evenly.
- Coat pieces with powdered sugar to taste.
This stuff is always great. I did add a little butter to the chocolate mixture. I used a 2 gallon bag, put about a cup and a half of powdered sugar in it then added the cereal mixture. It makes it so much easier clean up.