Recipe by strawberryjane
Kids love this and it makes a lot. I got this recipe from a friend of mine.
Top Review by run for your life
LOVE IT!!!! I've been making puppy chow on a fairly regular basis for longer than i'd like to admit:) A few tricks I've learned along the way; 1) instead of using a zip lock back, I put half or more of the powdered sugar in the bottom of a large plastic bowl -one with a lid- pour the chocolate cereal mixture on top and then sprinkle the remaining powdered sugar over that. Put the lid on and shake it up! No need to waste a zip lock bag every time you make it. I usually then store the chow in that same bowl, for the few minutes it lasts. 2) this is more of a preference but often I will put the puppy chow in the fridge for 15-20 minutes after making or before eating. Something about it being slightly cool tastes really good! Also, I think rice chex works best.
- 2129.31 ml Chex cereal (any kind)
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips or 170.09 g semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 118.29 ml smooth peanut butter, melted
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 4.92-9.85 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure cereal in large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter for 1 minute on high.
- Cook for 30 seconds longer or until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until coated.
- Pour mixture into large Ziploc bag and add powdered sugar.
- Shake until well coated.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Store in Ziploc bags or large sealed bowl.
- Recipe Note: It helps to add cereal mixture a little at a time if you only have small bags.