Recipe by irish_dream56
Unlike it's title, this recipe is for children, NOT the family puppy. I received this recipe from a friend of mine who runs a dayhome. It's a big hit at her house, and when I made it for my kids, they loved it! And it's sooo easy to make!
Top Review by Smile1968
I have been making Puppy Chow for years and it's the greatest! To change it up a bit, try adding raisins and/or Peanut M&M's - really sweet but yummy! Also, try dumping the mix into a paperbag, then add the powdered sugar and shaking it - way easier and less messy.
- 1 (12 ounce) box Crispix cereal
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and margarine in a pot over low heat on the stove stirring until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a large tupperware bowl with a lid, first pour in cereal, and then add chocolate mixture, stirring until cereal is well coated.
- Sprinkle icing sugar, one cup at a time, onto coated cereal, seal with lid, and shake until cereal is well coated.
- Cereal should look white by the time you are done.
- Keep stored in a tightly sealed bowl.