Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my version I made up today after looking at a few recipes. I wanted some tortilla soup on this cold windy day but didnt want to spend a lot of time on it or have to go to the store for the ingedients I didnt have. So this is what I came up with.Its fast and pretty yummy too.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (dranied)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced Mexican tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can chicken (undrained)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning (only use half of packet)
- ground cumin
- cayenne pepper
- avocados, slices or sour cream or shredded Mexican blend cheese or crushed tortilla chips
- Heat oil in large soup pot. cook green onions. Pour in tomatoes, corn, black beans,chilies, tomatoes, half packet of taco seasoning, chicken and desired amount of both cayanne pepper and ground cumin. stir and cook for a couple of minutes. pour in broth and stir well. cook for about 10-15 minutes on med. heat.
- Garnish with desired toppings and enjoy!