Recipe by punkyluv
This dish is so simple, maybe others have also thrown this together, but my husband and I really love this. I was searching through the pantry one night when "funds" were low and this is what I came up with. Hope you like it. Adjust measurements to your liking. UPDATE: I like to add some cooked chicken to this it is really good. I also add fresh spinach to the sauté pan (if I have it on hand) when the mushrooms have a minute or so left and put a lid on it until the spinach wilts. SO GOOD!:)
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canspetite tomatoes, petite, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 -2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 cup sliced cooked chicken, heated (I use fully cooked frozen)
- garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook angel hair according to directions.
- In sauté pan, heat oil and cook garlic and mushrooms.
- Add tomatoes and Italian seasoning and garlic salt if you wish. Cook for about 5 minutes or so.
- At this point you may put the chicken in with the sauce (I put it on at the end).
- Put desired amount of pasta on plate and then desired amount of sauce on top (add chicken if you haven't done so). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if you wish.