Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dish is so simple, maybe others have also thrown this together, but my husband and I really love this. I was searching through the pantry one night when "funds" were low and this is what I came up with. Hope you like it. Adjust measurements to your liking. UPDATE: I like to add some cooked chicken to this it is really good. I also add fresh spinach to the sauté pan (if I have it on hand) when the mushrooms have a minute or so left and put a lid on it until the spinach wilts. SO GOOD!:)
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canspetite tomatoes, petite, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 -2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 cup sliced cooked chicken, heated (I use fully cooked frozen)
- garlic salt
- Cook angel hair according to directions.
- In sauté pan, heat oil and cook garlic and mushrooms.
- Add tomatoes and Italian seasoning and garlic salt if you wish. Cook for about 5 minutes or so.
- At this point you may put the chicken in with the sauce (I put it on at the end).
- Put desired amount of pasta on plate and then desired amount of sauce on top (add chicken if you haven't done so). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if you wish.
This was perfect for using up items in my fridge and pantry. I used vermicelli instead of angel hair and garlic powder and salt instead of garlic salt. Thanks for sharing!
Very Tastey !!!! Very Gourmet!! :) You Will Love this one.. I Did..