Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mom's Chicken Divan
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked as directed on package
- 4 -5 cups cooked turkey (cubed) or 4 -5 cups chicken (cubed)
- 2 cups cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 3 -4 slices cubed white bread
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- garlic powder
- Melt butter in saute pan. Add cubed bread, season with garlic powder to taste. Cook until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Combine Cream of Chicken Soup and Mayonnaise.
- Layer the ingredients (in a baking dish, prob. 11X13 or other size) in the following order: Broccoli on botton, followed by chicken or turkey, spread soup mix on top, sprinkle with cheese, top with bread.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nice recipe for leftover turkey. I used fresh partially cooked broccoli and I baked the bread cubes in the oven. I forgot to add the salt and pepper, but it really didn't need any. :)