Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A simple way to make yummy doughnuts. Let the kids join in the fun by shaking them in a bag of cinnimon and sugar. A special treat. Two people; one to drop the dough and one to turn and remove doughnuts is helplful. If alone, I suggest frying in batches.
- In med bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk egg, 1/3 C sugar, milk, butter.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Heat 2 inches of oil over med-low heat, when drop of water sizzles, you're ready to start dropping the dough inches.
- Using a spoon to scoop and a fork to push dough off, drop small amounts of dough into oil (I make them about 1 tsp)
- If they do not turn themselves, turn after approx 1 min (should be lightly browned).
- After both sides are done, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a paper towel covered plate to drain.
- While still warm/hot, place several doughnuts in a brown paper bag with 1/3 C sugar and 1 Tbs cinnamon (or just confec. sugar) and shake to coat.