A simple way to make yummy doughnuts. Let the kids join in the fun by shaking them in a bag of cinnimon and sugar. A special treat. Two people; one to drop the dough and one to turn and remove doughnuts is helplful. If alone, I suggest frying in batches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In med bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- 2In a seperate bowl, whisk egg, 1/3 C sugar, milk, butter.
- 3Add egg mixture to dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- 4Heat 2 inches of oil over med-low heat, when drop of water sizzles, you're ready to start dropping the dough inches.
- 5Using a spoon to scoop and a fork to push dough off, drop small amounts of dough into oil (I make them about 1 tsp)
- 6If they do not turn themselves, turn after approx 1 min (should be lightly browned).
- 7After both sides are done, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a paper towel covered plate to drain.
- 8While still warm/hot, place several doughnuts in a brown paper bag with 1/3 C sugar and 1 Tbs cinnamon (or just confec. sugar) and shake to coat.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Punkin' Donut "holes"
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.0
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 58.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 1.0 g