Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A classic Punjabi way of cooking mustard greens.From the World of the East Vegetarian Cookbook by Madhur Jaffrey.
- Wash greens and spinach well.Add to a pot with a small amount of water and simmer 15 minutes.Drain any remaining liquid.
- Peel the ginger and coarsley chop garlic and chile.Blend ginger ,garlic,chile,and greens to a smooth paste in a blender or food processor.
- Heat 6 tablespoons in a pan over medium.add the cornmeal and cook,stirring constantly ,for 2 minutes-do not let the cornmeal brown.
- Turn the heat to medium-low,add 1/4 cup water let simmer for 1 minute then add puree.Cook for 10 minutes stirring often.
- Top with the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and serve hot.