Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom's a Punjabi and I'm very proud of it! This recipe is from the land of Punjab and I'm really happy to be sharing it on Zaar. Enjoy!
- Place saffron in a little warm milk and keep aside.
- Then, fry the rice in ghee.
- Cover the rice with milk and water completely.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Cook on a low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- When all the water is absorbed, remove from heat and garnish with cashews and raisins.
- Serve hot for a delicious unique Indian dessert you'll always remember!