Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
My mom's a Punjabi and I'm very proud of it! This recipe is from the land of Punjab and I'm really happy to be sharing it on Zaar. Enjoy!
- 400 g basmati rice, washed and drained
- 200 g sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 -4 saffron threads
- 25 g cashews
- 10 g pistachios
- 25 g raisins
- 20 g ghee
Directions See How It's Made
- Place saffron in a little warm milk and keep aside.
- Then, fry the rice in ghee.
- Cover the rice with milk and water completely.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Cook on a low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- When all the water is absorbed, remove from heat and garnish with cashews and raisins.
- Serve hot for a delicious unique Indian dessert you'll always remember!