Recipe by Poor College Kid
Yummy Indian dish made with Arora Creations spice mix (aroracreations.com or local grocer) All natural - No MSG - Gluten Free - Diabetic Safe - Low Sodium Yummy as all get out and easy to make; I tweaked the original recipe so that it can be made with mostly canned ingredients for a quick meal.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, powdered
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 15 ounces no-salt-added diced tomatoes, canned
- 30 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup green chili (small can)
- 7⁄8 ounce bengali five-spice mix (Arora Creations Punjabi Chhole spice)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add ginger, onion, half of the can of diced tomatoes, green chilies and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chick peas and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add spice mix, the rest of the canned diced tomatoes and cilantro (optional), and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over rice, naan or just enjoy by itself!