Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 kg fresh okra (bhindi)
- 2 medium onions, finely cut
- 1 large tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon jeera seeds
- coriander leaves, washed & finely cut
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Clean the bhindi with a moist cloth.
- Cut bhindi in about 1" pieces.
- Make a slit in each of the pieces so the masala gets applied.
- Heat oil in kadai, add jeera seeds.
- Then add the cut onion and fry for some time till they become golden brown.
- Then add the tomato pieces and let them cook.
- Add ginger paste and coriander powder and fry for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, mix it.
- This should become homogeneous mixture which leaves out the oil.
- Add the okra pieces to the mixture and apply the masala properly and let it cook on medium flame while stirring in between so that it does not stick to the kadai.
- This may take 10 minutes.
- Add salt and garnish with coriander leaves.
Wonderful flavour., lovely, thanks Charishma
Very tasty indeed! I had doubts about the bhindi cooking through properly- okra can be a bit slimy. My husband is pure veg and he was delighted with how tasty this turned out. I cooked the okra at the last stage for about 20mins- Brilliant! Thank you Charishma!