- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cinnamon stick (or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 2 whole cloves (or 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves)
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, cinnamon and cloves over low heat.
- Simmer very slowly for 10 minutes; remove the cinnamon stick and whole cloves.
- Add in the chocolate and stir continuously with a wooden spoon until completely melted.
- Add in sugar to taste, stir until dissolved.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Return to the stove over low heat and gently return to a simmer before serving.