Recipe by Dee514
This is a yummy sauce for poultry, and very easy to make. Its best when made the day before, so that the flavors have a chance to blend. Depending how "hot" your horseradish is, you can increase/decrease the amount to your taste. With a bit of mustard added, its wonderful on ham too. My son loves this sauce on a bagel with cream cheese....lol
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Great recipe! Certainly a different taste than the "normal" cranberry sauces. Used 1/4tsp horseradish and will experiment with more next time. At first I thought that the honey would not be enough as a sweetener but it was just perfect. By the way, good idea of your son to use it(among the other ways)as a sauce on a bagel with cream cheese......I agree that that is very nice! Very versatile sauce which also jelled up nicely. Also want to mention that I used a handblender to smoothen it as we are not too fond of chunky cranberry sauces. This will certainly be made again. Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except honey in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until cranberries burst and sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add the honey.
- Stir well.
- Pour into a bowl and cool in the refrigerator.
- Allow flavors to mellow overnight.
- *amounts of horseradish and honey can be adjusted to suit your taste.