Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple and extremely flavorful tofu and beef dish that goes well over a bed of rice. The good thing about this recipe is the flexibility in the amount of ingredients needed. If you prefer less meat, go for it. If you prefer more sauce, it's up to you. There are no hard and fast rules, except perhaps not to use too much oyster sauce.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1⁄4 cup chinese oyster sauce, preferably Lee Kum Kee brand (find in the international food aisle or in any Asian grocery)
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, cut into small bite-sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (preferably Sriracha brand) (optional)
- 3 cups cooked short-grain rice (Korean or Japanese)
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, saute the ground meat and chopped onion.
- When meat is nearly cooked through and onions are translucent, add miso and oyster sauce.
- Stir to coat meat and onion pieces throughout.
- Add tofu cubes and gently combine with meat and onion mixture. It might not look like enough sauce at first, but with enough stirring, all the tofu will be coated perfectly.
- Saute until meat is cooked through and tofu is heated, about 5 minutes.
- If needed, keep warm on low and stir occasionally so the sauce doesn't stick and burn. Otherwise, serve hot on top of white short grain rice.
Awesome dish! I reduced the ground turkey to 10 oz and mixed the oyster sauce, miso, and sriracha before adding to the wok. It was really quick, easy, but most importantly, delicious. Thanks so much for posting. This is a dish I will make again and again!