Very flavorful and refreshing. Making cubes out of fruit juice keeps the Sangria chilled and won't water it down as the cubes melt.
- fruit juice, for making ice cubes
- 1 (3 1/4 cup) bottle zinfandel
- 1 (3 1/4 cup) bottle red wine
- 1 cup Cointreau liqueur or 1 cup triple sec
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 oranges, juice of
- 2 medium peaches, peeled pitted, chunked
- 1 orange, unpeeled sliced thin
- 1 cup pineapple chunk (optional)
- 1 lemon, unpeeled sliced thin
- Make ice cubes with orange and/or pineapple juice (or juice of choice).
- Two-hours before serving, combine remaining ingredients in a punch bowl. Taste and adjust flavors to your liking. This isn't a science. Refrigerate for two hours to allow flavors to develop.
- To serve, leave it in the bowl or pour into glass pitchers.
- Add frozen cubes before serving.
- Ladle/pour into tall glasses and be sure to ladle some of the wine-swollen fruit into the glass.