Recipe by cooking_geek
You don't have to use a "Punch Bowl", I use a Trifle dish for mine. Got this recipe from a friend who got it from her mother's church cookbook. It's even better the next day! 45 min prep time incld cooking cake time!
- 18 ounces cake mix (yellow or white work best)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1 (6 ounce) box Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 3 cups milk (mix with instant pudding mix)
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Make cake mix into 2 layers; cook and cool.
- Crumble 1 layer of cake in bottom of punch bowl.
- Cover with 1/2 of pudding mix, then 1/2 of pineapple on top of pudding.
- Place 1/2 of pie filling on top of pineapple and top with 1 container of Cool Whip.
- Repeat cake, pudding, pineapple, pie filling and Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle with nuts on top and refrigerate.