Recipe by Melanie Murray
This is easy and delicious. It is a conversation piece wherever you go. Great for parties, showers, etc. Put in a clear punch bowl. It is beautiful.
Top Review by Blue Peacock
This is by far one of the best desserts ever! My mom has been making this since I was a little girl, and everyone wants the recipe. It goes by quickly! I have never had it with bananas, but I am sure that it is good. Normally, I place the crumbled cake in one layer in a 9 by 13 inch dish, add vanilla pudding and crushed pineapple, then take a knife, and poke holes in it to let the pineapple juice seep through. For Christmas, it is pretty to use red and green maraschino cherries. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful dessert.
- 1 (18 ounce) box Duncan Hines butter cake mix
- 2 (5 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 2 (16 ounce) cartons Cool Whip
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple
- 4 -5 sliced bananas
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- maraschino cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake cake as directed.
- Combine 1/2 cake in a punch bowl.
- Mix pudding as directed.
- Pour 1/2 of pudding over cake in punch bowl.
- Add 1 can cherry pie filling, 1 can drained pineapple, and a layer of bananas.
- Add 1/2 of Cool Whip and 1/2 pecans.
- Repeat layers again and top finally with cherries and pecans.