Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) carton fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 large angel food cake
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold fruit juice
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, peaches,nectarines or 1 lb berries (3 to 4 cups)
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar, stir in the yogurt, then fold in the topping.
- Break the angel food cake into medium-size pieces.
- Add to the creamy mixture and toss lightly.
- Pour into a glass bowl and refrigerate.
- Glaze: Combine, in a small saucepan, the cornstarch and fruit juice.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Cool slightly, then combine with prepared fruit.
- Spread over the cake mixture and refrigerate for several hours.
- Fruit options, sliced strawberries, peeled and sliced peaches, sliced nectarines, raspberries or blueberries.