I tried this delicious cake just recently when a fellow co-worker brought it to a potluck we were having at work. Everyone raved over it and I made it at home to try it, using my favorite fruits and chopped pecans. I lightened the recipe using lite ingredients when I could, so this is the lightened version. * Note: You can use any kinds of fruit you happen to have on hand and any nuts of your choice (optional). ***FYI: Zaar doesn't want to seem to display the amt of strawberries but the recipe calls for 2 1/2 cups diced strawberries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake cake according to directions on box, using two round cake pans with removable bottoms. Set aside to cool.
- 2Mix up both packages of pudding according to box directions, let set up in fridge.
- 3Drain pineapple, and put in a large bowl, along with diced strawberries, and sliced bananas, set aside.
- 4Take one half of cake, removed from cake pan, but still on cake pan bottom, and loosen with knife from cake pan bottom.
- 5Then cut cake into cubes and layer in bottom of punch bowl, or trifle dish.
- 6Then top lightly with a layer of each: vanilla pudding, fruit, cool whip, nuts, and another layer each of cake cubes, pudding, and fruit, finishing with top layer of cool whip and nuts.
- 7Use only half of total ingredients for this cake.
- 8Then take the other half of cake and repeat the process as with the first cake: cut cake into cubes and layer the rest of all ingredients (in order) in a second punch bowl or trifle dish, until finishing with cool whip and nuts on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Punch Bowl Cake
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.7
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 20.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sugar yellow cake mix
fat-free sugar-free vanilla pudding