1/1 Photo of Pumpkindoodles
Thanks to iewe for naming this recipe for me. Originally named Pumpkin Snickerdoodles I like her new name for it! Found this on Annie Eats Blog and tweaked the spices just a bit and the size to fit my needs. I received 5 dozen cookies using a small cookie scoop. Nice fluffy and soft cookie full of flavor. Hope you enjoy them too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Cookies
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (save wrappers, see directions)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not Pumpkin Pie filling!)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk to blend and set aside.
- 2In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Blend in the pumpkin puree. Beat in the egg and vanilla until incorporated.
- 3With the mixer on low speed add in the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
- 4Cover and chill the dough for at least 1 hour.
- 5Preheat the oven to 350Ëš F. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- 6Combine the sugar and spices for the coating in a bowl and mix to blend. Scoop the dough roll into a ball using a small (1") cookie scoop (about 1 heaping tablespoonful). Coat the dough ball in the sugar-spice mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet, spacing the dough balls 2-3 inches apart.
- 7Dip the bottom of a flat, glass in butter wrapper (from the butter in the recipe) to moisten, then in the sugar-spice mixture, and use the bottom to flatten the dough balls slightly. Repeat as necessary.
- 8Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until just set and baked through.
- 9Let cool on the baking sheets about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkindoodles
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.3
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 30.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 0.9 g