Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Pumpkin adds a twist of fall to the ever popular zucchini bread. Haven't tried this one yet but it looked like a winner so I thought I'd share it.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Before beginning, preheat your oven to 350 F and grease and flour two loaf pans.
- Mix eggs and sugar together, then stir in the pumpkin and butter.
- Stir dry ingredients together and add to egg mixture.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the zucchini and nuts.
- Divide into pans and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until the loaves test done.
- Cool in pans ten minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
I love Pumpkin Bread & I love Zucchini Bread and this recipe proves to be a delightful combination of the two! I made exactly as Friedel recommends and the two loaves came out perfectly! Thanks for posting this recipe, Friedel!
I found this recipe on the Taste of Home website and adapted it somewhat to suit my taste. I used 2 cups whole wheat flour and 1 cup all-purpose and I reduced the sugar to 1 1/2 cups. It was superb! Thanks for posting!
I made this recipe into 18 muffins and they were so soft, moist and delicious! They were a great mix between fluffy and dense. I just sprinkled a little bit of sugar on the top before slipping them into the oven to give them that flakey top that I love and baked them for about half the time. Thanks for the great recipe!