1/2 Photos of Pumpkin Yogurt Pie
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was inspired by Mirj's Citrus Pumpkin Pie in a Nutty Crust. The crust is more of a "healthy" crust, so if you dont care for that too much, just go ahead and use your fav crust. The filling is delicate and smooth with great holiday flavours. I loved it and I hope you do, too.
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened (might need 2 tbs more)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
For the pumpkin yogurt filling
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (I used a home-made one)
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt (can use low-fat)
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/8 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground vanilla bean
- 1/16 teaspoon clove
- 1For the crust combine flour, ground walnuts, chopped walnuts, applesauce, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl. If mixture does not come together, add a tbs or so more applesauce.
- 2Press mixture into a greased pie plate of 24 cm/9 inch in diameter.
- 3For the filling combine pumpkin puree, applesauce, yogurt, sugar, eggs, salt and all of the spices in a big bowl. Mix well.
- 4Pour this mixture into your prepared pie crust and bake in the pre-heated oven at 220°C/425°F for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 175°C/350°F and bake for another 45 minutes or until filling is set.
- 5Let cool in the pan. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Yogurt Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1850.7
- Calories from Fat 806
- Total Fat 89.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 419.7 mg
- Sodium 543.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 229.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.3 g
- Sugars 77.3 g
- Protein 59.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: