Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
I dusted some cinnamon and powdered sugar on top, but please feel free to top with whipped cream or serve as is. Instead of almond slices, you can also use almond meal, but almond meal is more expensive and gets oxidized sooner. You can save money by using almond slices. For more healthy, gluten-free, low-GI, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- 1⁄2 cup gluten free oats
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds or 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar crystals (or other natural sugar)
- 10 oz/ 300 g cooked kabocha squash
- 5 5⁄8 oz/ 300 g plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar crystals (or other natural sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the kabocha squash in half and discard seeds. Cut them into large chunks and steam them until soft. Remove the skin.
- In the food processor, place oats and almond slices and process until they are ground. (If you are using almond meal, you only need to process oats.).
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a bowl, place the ground oats, almonds (or almond meal), melted coconut oil and 2 Tbsp of sugar. Mix well and press it onto the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan.
- In the food processor or blender, place the cooked pumpkin flesh, yogurt, eggs, 4 Tbsp of sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and process until it is well blended.
- Pour the mixture in the springform pan.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes. It might look a little too soft, but it will be set.
- Cool and refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
- Infuse love, slice and serve!